BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Uneventful afternoon....NOT!!

Brad was trying to finish a final paper and presentation for his MBA class yesterday, so I decided to take Karter to the church with me while I practiced the organ. He did really great, played his DS, ate some crackers, pretended to give a prayer and then the music director showed up to go over the songs for this Sunday. He started helping me with one of the songs so I sent him to the nursery to find a "red" car. About 5 min. later I hear a shrieking siren and the chapel doors shut. I couldn't believe it.....HE HAD PULLED THE FIRE ALARM!!! I ran out in the hall & found Karter standing by the doors trying to get back in the chapel, then I called 911 on my cell and Clela called the emergency # on the church phone. We were able to cancel the fire emergency but now there was the probem of getting the alarm turned off.

The alarm was so high pitched and unnerving that I could hardly think. I told Clela I would find a way to get the alarm off and she didn't need to stay. I went outside and called Brad to have him start calling people on the ward directory that might know how to turn it off. A rep. from the fire dept. pulled up, but he didn't have the key to reset the alarm. He radioed the fire truck and they arrived about 15 min. later. I think there were 5 or 6 firemen and none of them had a key either. They asked me where the knock box was....WHAT? Am I supposed to know what that is? ... called Brad and he said the panel down by the janitors closet. What a relief when the key was actually in the lock on the panel, they took it off and ran down to the alarm that had been pulled and reset it. Then the fire chief reset a bunch of things in the panel and there was finally silence after 1 hour & 15 minutes.

Then they asked for my name...I said "Do I really have to tell you?" They didn't even crack a smile. Can you believe they weren't thanking me for the training I gave them today??? (Because of me, they all know they need to carry a key that resets a standard fire alarm that is in every church and school that exists.) Then they asked for the head of our church's name. I'm pretty sure they didn't want to call Pres. Monson so I reluctantly gave them Bishop Harman's name but told them I didn't have his #. Yeah...please call him and tell him about the crazy lady at the church. I knew I should have told them my name was Camille.

1 comments:

The Ellsworth Gang said...

OMGosh! That is so awesome!! I can so see you saying "Do I really have to tell you?" You TOTALLY should've told them your name was Camille!! I was laughing so hard when I read that!!! :-)

Thanks for the laugh today! I needed that!