Today...I love conference weekend and so does Jaxson, he is always asking "when is the Sunday that we get to watch church on TV?". While watching the first session - Reag turns to Brad and says "How many of the prophets are bald?" - only he said it with an attitude like WOW, none of them have any hair, and he said it without those two front teeth. :-) After a few speakers, we banned the two little ones from the family room so I didn't have to pause & rewind so many times. Here they are:

The week of President's day in Feb..is our winter break and the kids were out of school, but Brad had school so we stayed home. We did go to the Bounce House with some friends. It is split into two rooms so it was hard to keep track of Reag & Karter but I did my best. Linc, however was a basket case he spent the entire two hours fReAkInG out trying to keep track of them for me. He was so worried that they were going to get stolen or lost that he couldn't enjoy himself. I told him I was the mom and I was watching them and to just go play...he couldn't, he would come and say one was missing and I would point to where they were and then he would go off and follow them until he lost them...finally we left just for Linc's sanity.



Jaxson had to do a cereal book report for school...he read a book on George Washington Carver and after he finished we just happened to catch a biography of him on the History channel.
This is only the 2nd time I've used my cricut that I've had for a year. :(
A few pics of Kennadie...I love her hair curly and it is RARE that she doesn't straighten it. Here she is before going to the 8th grade dance. woohoo


We had Jaxson's 2nd Pinewood Derby in Feb and he won 1st in the Bear den...he also played in the piano festival at Reinhardt college and received a "superior" rating.
Went to Reag's Pre-K Easter Egg hunt last week. It was raining outside so they had it in the classroom & split the kids into two different hunts. It about killed the 2nd group to watch the first group hunt. All the kids had a really great time. Reag showed me his "brown" best friend Caden. I am NOT being racist, that is how Reag refers to him and I keep trying to get him not to call him brown. However, his mother told us that Caden calls himself brown and tells everyone he meets that he is brown because his mom is white and his dad is black and if you mix them together you get brown...Can't argue with that!
I was reading an ABC book with Reag the other night and when we got to the letter "i", he said "Know why I hate the letter i?" - "Cuz Isaac starts with i and he is mean and evil". Isaac is a boy in his preschool that Reag hasn't liked since school started.
We were heading to pack night on Thursday and I wanted to leave Reag home. I told him that it wouldn't be any fun because he would have to sit & listen to speakers. He said "I promise I will be like Toni the whole time". Funny thing is, Toni is in his preschool and doesn't talk at all. Unfortunately, it only lasted for about 15 minutes and I had to take him out on the couch in the foyer.

Whats NEW: They reorganized our stake and we lost some great families and a few of my good friends. Brad was released as YM 1st counselor and is now the Gospel Doctrine teacher. I was released from Primary pianist (best calling in the world) and am now the ward Organist???? Brad says we now hold two "old" people callings. I haven't sat at an organ in over 20 years. The first week seemed to go okay, but the 2nd week the "swell" keyboard quit playing in the middle of the opening song. I ended up playing the piano for the sacrament & closing songs.
Brad is less than a month away from graduating with his MBA...YEAH!!!!
Jaxson is turning 10 on Monday...he kept asking me if he could have a party and I kept blowing him off. On Friday I told him that it was Spring Break and that most of his friends would be out of town. He informed me that two of them are staying home and he gave them handwritten invitations to his sleepover birthday party on Monday at 6pm. WOW!!! He doesn't know their phone #'s so I guess we plan a little party and see if anyone shows up with sleeping bags Monday at 6pm.
On April 1st - Karter followed me into the bathroom, pointed at the ceiling and told me to "look!", when I looked up, he said "April Fools". There weren't any other kids around to put him up to it, so I have no idea where that came from.
Heritage Park - we took the kids one gorgeous afternoon to ride their bikes & scooters for a few hours. When we were just about to leave, a man, a very large "shirtless" man with large man boobs came jogging past me & Lincoln. I was holding my breath that Linc wouldn't say anything...Linc about fell off his bike as he rounded the man and came back by me and said "get a shirt on". Luckily the man had an ipod and "hopefully" didn't hear but the lady sitting on the bench couldn't stop laughing. A few minutes later Brad came walking up to me with Reag & Karter and asked if we saw the guy without a shirt...apparently when Reag saw him, he very loudly told him to get a shirt on and then the parrot -Karter- said, "Yeah, get a shirt on".




1 comments:
Thanks so much for the family update. I sure miss having you guys around. I can't believe how old they are getting. When do you get to move back to Utah? I'm so impressed with Brad and going to school. I keep thinking about it but then I think when would I fit that in? Your children are adorable!
Post a Comment