!!!WARNING...long post and slide show...it's been awhile.
It was a pretty relaxing break for us. The kids went to a few movies...the Tale of Desperaux & Bedtime Stories. We went bowling, Karter's favorite thing to do EVER and just relaxed at home playing lots of video games. We all still love to play MarioKart and the kids got Outdoor Adventure & Boom Blox for the wii which are really fun.
Jaxson got a Crosman BB/Pellet gun which the kids loved shooting. Linc told the neighbors we were going to the woods to shoot at squirrels. He failed to mention that they were targets with PICTURES of squirrels. All the kids and a few neighbors got to shoot at the targets and of course a Dr. Pepper can. Jax hit the can a few times. They also got a chance to shoot the bow at the ORC target.
Linc hated the Rollerblades he got for Christmas & informed me that he did not ask for them and they were NOT on his list to Santa. He wouldn't even try them on. He did love his Pokemon cards, DS and games. The adventure for him was getting locked in the bathroom. The doorknob came off and he couldn't get out...when Karter & I looked through the hole at him, he was on the floor praying that someone would let him out. When I asked why he didn't call for me, he said that he did but I never came. Apparently, I'm more astute at tuning my kids out than I thought. When I got a screwdriver and opened the door for him, he asked if I used to be a plumber and told me how amazing I was. He thought he was going to have to stay in there until his dad came home from New Orleans in two days.
Reag was too excited about Boom Blox to care about anything else and still wants to play it first thing when he wakes up. He's really into reading and his letters & numbers right now. He's always giving me addition problems and then when I give him the answer he says, WRONG and tells me some far out number. He surprised me the other day by getting on ebay by himself and found Mario Baseball for the Wii for only .99. He rounded up four quarters and wanted me to show him how to buy it. I think its going to take a few more explanation before he figures out how ebay works.
Karter loved his Handy Manny tool set & his bowling game. He asks if he can BOWL me and if he hits me, I'm supposed to fall down like the pins. I'm a little tired of falling down. Karter also went into Sunbeams today and it went better than I thought. I was on the piano and he kept pointing at me, smiling & waving and then he started sticking his tongue out and pulling funny faces. When we left the church he wasn't to happy about passing the nursery without going in.
Kennadie said she is bored and can't wait to get back to school. She slept in until about noon everyday so I think it's going to be a huge adjustment for her to go back. She had a lot of fun with Guitar Hero for the DS although she had to borrow her bro's DS's because we haven't been able to locate hers. She had a few sleepovers and went to a lot of movies and was definately making a vacation of it.
Brad was able to get in a few rounds of golf and met some friends in New Orleans to watch the Utes win the Sugar Bowl.
On Saturday, Jax, Linc and I were able to attend Amado's baptism. Brad has been his home teacher for a few years, so it was nice that his mother asked Brad to do it. It was a really great baptism and I'm glad we were able to a part of it.
Well, that's the recap of our two-week vacation, now back to reality and countdown to the FEB break.




0 comments:
Post a Comment