BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

BEFORE & AFTER


April - Nov 2009 - 7 months


I wasn't sure if I was going to blog about losing weight (Brad said it sounded like bragging) but it has been a HUGE part of my life for the past 7 months and I finally met my goal!!


Around Easter I got on the scale and weighed 135 lbs, the most I have ever weighed was 143 when I had Karter 4 years ago.  I gained 5 lbs over the holidays last year & another 5 from Jan-April so I decided I really had to do something.  I called my sister & she told me about the weight watchers point books.  I ordered them off ebay along w/the calculator & started following the program the next week.  My first goal was to just lose 10 lbs.  


I was only allowed 22 pts per day, so I immediately cut-out the 3 reg. Dr. Peppers I was drinking (that was 9 pts).  I was already jogging 3x a week, but I started going 5x.  I cut-out all bread, changed my chips to baked and quit all the snacking when I fixed the kids snacks.  Within 1 month I lost the 10 lbs so I decided to go for another 10.


By the end of June I had dropped to 115 lbs & decided to go for another 5.  It took me until the end of September to make 110.  Then I thought I'd go for another 5 and I finally met my goal of 105 on Nov. 6th!


I quit calculating & writing my points down a few months ago, because I pretty much know how much I can eat each day.  The reason I think the weight watchers pts. system worked for me was because I was still eating all the foods I liked, I was just using more portion control.  I still have a 1/2 C of Schwans Vanilla Ice Cream & 1 Reeses pb cup every night (5 pts) so I just have to use the other 13 pts very wisely.  I have nachos every day for lunch, but instead of just making a huge plate of them, I make 8 nachos which is about 4 pts.  I also average at least 4 hours at the gym each week so I can eat a little more on those days.


I should also point out that Brad & I started this program on the same day, so it was much easier to do together.  He has lost over 42 lbs!!


My new goal is to MAINTAIN this weight for 1 year - so I won't blog about it again until then!


I

2 comments:

Tina Williams said...

Oh my - - - you are inspirational. Too skinny at this point but inspirational. I think I am currently eating 93 points per day and I"m still starving -- after this baby gets here I'm going to have to do some major changing . . . when did you start running? Why are all of my friends running? I hate running! Can't the fad be to talk on the phone more or spend more time blogging . . . maybe I'll make it on the bandwagon someday. Congratulations! You are amazing!

bj said...

I wouldn't say amazing or inspirational, just wish I had done it 10 years ago. I started running about a year ago, but not running like for races, just for exercise. I just try to run 3-4 miles in an hour. I have a lot of friends out here that run the 1/2 marathons & 10K's, that's not my thing, I'm only in it for the calorie burn.

I'm sure you'll drop right down as soon as the baby comes. Are you about a month away? That will be so fun to have a baby over the holidays. When are you having Keanna's baptism? I can't believe it's that time already. Tell everyone "hello"!